Advanced Bariatric Surgery: Revisional Bariatric & Metabolic Interventions
This course will focus on advanced surgical techniques for surgeons who wish to increase their knowledge in complex cases, including reoperations and conversion of bariatric surgical procedures. This program includes dinner and round table discussions highlighting procedural steps and technical tips to perform reoperations and conversions combined with videos and case observations the following day. Video and case observations will emphasize the safe and effective use of laparoscopic staplers, ultrasonic and advanced bi-polar energy devices.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Understand current clinical practices for bariatric reoperations and conversion techniques
• Recognize patient indications for reoperations and conversion techniques
• Discuss preventing and management of postoperative complications after reoperative surgery
• Describe the surgical skills that are required to successfully perform bariatric reoperations and conversion techniques
• Describe the post-operative follow-up and nutrition required for treating bariatric reoperations and conversion techniques
This Safe and Effective training course is offered at no cost to participants by Covidien LP and includes course materials, transportation, hotel and meals. As required, Covidien will collect and track financial and other information regarding amounts spent by Covidien on you in connection with providing expense reimbursement (directly or indirectly) (e.g. travel related expenses) and report such information to state, federal, and/or other legal authorities in order for Covidien to comply with any and all relevant state, federal, and/or other laws requiring such disclosure including, but not limited to, Section 2002 of the Affordable Care Act (the Federal Physician Payment Sunshine Act).